Chegg = My Hero

*Standing up on soap box* Clearing throat* AHEM!*

Have I mentioned lately how much I absolutely loath college text books? Well I do, a whole lot!

I detest the way book stores can abuse and manipulate students into buying textbooks that are ridiculously overpriced. For example, this past semester I had to buy a book for one of my education classes that was a thin paperback with a measly fifty page in it for $45.00 dollars. RIP OFF!!! What's even worse is that the professor read out of it the very first day of class and then we never touched the flimsy thing again.

*Grumble*Grumble*Teeth Grinding*

What really gets my goat is when its not just one $50 dollar book that sits on your desk all semester untouched (not from laziness mind you, but from the fact that none of your lessons or assignments are taught from it), but an entire stack of $180, mint condition, textbooks that still crack on the spine when they're opened.

So this past semester (a week into classes after I had already bought my foul over-priced bookstore books) I found a *SOLUTION!*


A kid in one of my classes told me about this site, chegg.com, where you can RENT textbooks for the semester. I didn't know if I believed it, so I went to the site and that same book I had just bought for $180, I could rent for the entire semester for $42. That floppy $45 book was now $20! You better believe I took those evil spawn of the college bookstore RIGHT back for a refund and hopped on the chegg train instead. The books arrived within a week and have been so good to me as they sit on my desk...unused...for half the price. I've already compared my prices with my books for next semester and by going through chegg I am going to save $238 dollars!


So here's the deal. As I was writing this blog, I went to the chegg website to get these pictures and saw a link that said "Promote Chegg." I really am such a huge fan already ,so I signed up. Now if you feel inspired by this blog and decide to use chegg, please enter this code (CC107511) and I will get 5 bucks credit for every person who uses that code when they buy chegg books. No pressure, just a nice bonus for me if you want to!

Turns out the jokes on YOU nasty, greedy, over-priced bookstore! HA!

*Stepping off my soapbox now.*

Comments

Mindy said…
Hahaha, I am so pleased you found this and so pleased with how pleased it made you! :) I will be going back to get my masters in a bit. I shall use that website ... and your code. Although, my program doesn't start until 2011. :)
Katie said…
That...is...amazing. I will have to check that out for next semester!