Conference Weekend

We spent Saturday night at the Kirby's home.  Amy and I had a fun time with the kids while the menfolk were at the Priesthood Session.  My favorite moment was suddenly hearing Amy shout, "GIDEON KAKOI'IMUPONU (that's my phonetic spelling of his Hawaiian middle name)!"  The Gidster had managed to bail out his bath and cover the entire bathroom floor with an inch of water!  Zakia, playing piano in the living room looked up with glee and said, "Busted!"  Naughty little guy!

Sunday morning we got up early for the morning session of General Conference.  Our friend, Steffi, is here visiting from Germany.  She is the one who picked us up from the airport when we landed in Bremen and showed us around the city.  We were excited to meet up with her again, but hadn't heard from her in a couple of days.  She called at 8 AM (when we were supposed to be walking out the door) and said she was still in Orem!  Burke and I felt so bad because we thought for certain she would miss the session.  We told her we would leave her ticket at the door and on our drive over to the conference center, we prayed that if at all possible she would make it on time.  Right as the lights were dimming and Music and the Spoken Word was beginning, we saw her small form slip into the row in front of us.  It was honestly a miracle she got there on time!


Conference was wonderful as always, but it was especially nice to be there to support my Daddy as this may possibly be his last October General Conference singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  He may retire after the Summer Tour concluding 10 wonderful years as Tenor #46 in the Mo-Tab.  The music was gorgeous and I loved thinking of Papa's voice blended with 359 others to create such beautiful music.  


 Can you see him in the picture below?  He is on the second row, five in from the isle! I even labeled above his head. :)


It was a lovely fall day as we came out from the session, but felt more like summer as we walked through temple square, admiring the perfectly maintained flowers and lawns.  


Back at the Kirby's they fed us all a delicious lunch complete with a grapes from their lovely arbors.  Burke and I didn't want to leave when the second session started and regretfully drove home, sad to leave our Bush family once more.  It was a wonderful weekend.


And...for those of you who didn't notice...I CHOPPED MY HAIR!  10 whole inches.  It's a new me! :)

Comments

Marinda said…
I did indeed notice the chopped hair! 10 inches, that is a ton! It is always fun to have a change. I'm so glad you met up with Steffi! Hope you had fun.
Whitney said…
Love the hair cut, Em! :)

How is school going?
Whitney said…
Hello!

Okay--I've got like a million emails--but I'll give you this one:

whitney.and.danking{[at]}{gmail}{[dot]}com

Ignore all the {} and [] --> that's to keep the spammers away! :)
Mindy said…
I noticed! It looks adorable. And I love the scarf look. So cute. :)