Girl Crush



You may already be well aware, but I have a gigantic girl crush on Taylor Swift.  No, this does not mean I am one bit attracted to women, but I am certainly attracted to her talents!  I love her music, love the fact that she writes her own songs, plays the guitar and has beautiful curly blond hair.  I also like that in all her star-dom of the past few years she has stayed true to herself.  (It may also have to do a little tiny bit with the fact that we have the same range and I can belt her songs in my car without cracking on the high notes.)

When I was living in India, one of the short term volunteers was a jaded gal from Nashville who had worked for several years with country music stars.  Her job was to make sure that the stars were pampered when they came in for their recordings and sometimes she even got to go on tour with them and make sure they were thoroughly pampered for weeks at a time!  She met and worked with gads of glamorous people who were pretty nasty off-screen, but she said that Taylor Swift was always so sweet and never made her do ridiculous errands like grab a frapachino from some ritzy coffee shop on the other side of the city.

All of this to say that Taylor Swift's new album came out this week and I want it. Bad.  But Burke's making me wait for my birthday.  Plus, he says all her songs will be about unrequited teenage love anyway.  I hate when he's right about the things I love.  :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Me too!!! :) lol