October 20th

On October 20th one year ago I posted this blog about my goal to abstain from chocolate for a year.  I proudly withstood all chocolate temptations until Christmas when I ate a few slices of a chocolate orange as a gift to Burke so he didn't have to hear my whining anymore. :)  I then resisted that delectable morsel up until we left for Paris in May, at which time I decided there was no way I was going to be living in Europe without allowing myself to sample their incredible versions of chocolatie delight.  I justified it by thinking of this time as a two month sabbatical that I would tag on at the end of my year and go all the way until Christmas again.  However, once I got home I just couldn't find the will-power to resist anymore.  I have been eating chocolate shamelessly for the past 3 months since our return.  Just thought I should confess on my original due date.  So sue me.  Maybe I'll try again as a New Years Resolution.  Maybe.

Comments

haha I love your posts Emily! if it makes you feel better I went a week one time without chocolates/sweets and I thought I would die so I'm impressed with how far you made it!
You have such a cute blog :) love love love
McCall and Eric said…
ha ha ha. I laughed so hard at this! You are in St. George still right? We are in Vegas and we should meet up sometime! Shoot me an email, and I'll invite you to see my blog! I hope that all is well! mccallcarson@gmail.com
Niki said…
Excuse me for stalking your blog but you should NEVER ever stop eating chocolate! You are so cute! I hope you are doing great!