Fall Break

Last weekend the Kirby family came down south for fall break.  On Thursday Burke and I met the crew in Parowan where the kids got to drive the tractor with Uncle Burke on the farm and play on the hay bales before we loaded up the four-wheelers and headed for Co-op Valley.  I have never been up the Parowan canyon in the fall and it was absolutely breathtaking with the changing leaves, red-rock mountains and a autumnal sky to accentuate it all.  We got to the mountain too late for a big ride and raced to The Hoosier (a little lake) before the sun went completely down.  I was a dork and forgot my camera, but we were able to get a few shots on Karl's iphone.


Isn't it glorious?






We skipped rocks for a short time before the nippy air drove us back up the hill to camp.


That night we had a delicious tin foil dinner around the fire and then retreated to the Adams family (*heated*) trailers for the night - perfect for fall camping!  I wish I had pictures from the next day because it was absolutely gorgeous as we took a long drive on the 4-wheelers around the property.  The kids got to drive most of the time and Kaleo's cackle of delight could be herd bouncing off the mountains.  Even our sweet pumpkin, 2 month old Amira, got strapped along for the ride!


The afternoon passed far too quickly and soon we were headed down to St. George where the Ridings were the super hosts of the century and made a killer dinner of grilled salmon.  Yummy!  I got to watch Amira that night while the Kirbys went to the closing night of "Tarzan" at Tuhuacan Theater.  Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well the next day, but stayed home and did homework until the evening when I was able to go over to the Ridings with Burke and enjoy another delicious dinner and conversation with my siblings and their spouses.  I sure love spending time with these people and wish they could have only stayed longer!

Comments

Anonymous said…
pic at the end- PRECIOUS!!!