Lucky Me


I am one lucky lady.  Not only because I have the best husband in the whole wide world, but also because I passed my second attempt at the Gestational Diabetes test!  The nurse was surprised by the huge discrepancy in my numbers from Tuesdays visit to Thursdays until I explained that I had eaten banana bread and cereal for breakfast on Tuesday morning and gone sugar free for the following two days since my last results.  Yep, that'll do it!  I am SO incredibly grateful I don't have to deal with any more needles for a while.  Meanwhile, my mom is amazing and dug up a digital recording of an old record we used to play every St. Patrick's Day morning and emailed it to all of us.  Burke was subjected to an Irish jig by a pregnant woman and a basket full of green goodies (stole that idea from another blog) as a St. Patty's Day treat.  Now if only I knew how to cook our traditional meal of corning beef and cabbage or where to even buy it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay no more needles EM! :) xoxo
Whitney said…
What a blessing that you passed your test! I can't imagine being pregnant and diabetic at the same time--so I'm so gald you don't have to! :)

And, I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that Burke gets the job in Logan. How awesome would that be?!