A Good End - Week 14

I feel so happy and loved today!  I woke up to a congratulatory breakfast made by the hubby to energize me for my last day of student teaching.  I can't believe it is over already!  This semester simply flew by and the timing for everything has seemed just perfect.  I have felt great the entire semester and been able to stay on top of both teaching and night classes.  It has been such a blessing to have good health!

This morning I got to school with a little gift basket and card for Gwen to show her my appreciation for all that she has done for me this semester as my mentor teacher.  To my great surprise she began to cry and told me how much she loves me along with some very nice comments.  It got me all teared up, especially since Gwen has admitted to me several times that she doesn't like people (in general) very much and I am happy to have earned the right to call her my friend.  I have so enjoyed talking with her on a daily basis and gleaning from her wisdom from years of teaching, mothering and just living.  She is a wonderful woman and someone I hope to always keep in touch with.


The wonderful women of Pine View High School - Nancy Ensley, Gwen Pascoe, Ramona Cox, Me, and  Geneal Jacobsen.

After second period these wonderful ladies treated me to a delicious Durango's lunch (basically like Cafe Rio) in Nancy's room and surprised me with a group gift for the baby.  It was so thoughtful and I was very touched that they would do such a kind thing for me.

I had a wonderful last week with my students.  The last two weeks I have had this box at the front of the room for a fun little baby naming competition.  The kids got way into it and the other night when I finally brought it home, I had well over 100 name suggestions.  I chose one kid per class with the best name suggestion and the most unique name.  Some of the good ones were: Peyton (darling, but Burke has a male cousin named Payton), Navy, Kambria, and Alana.  Some of the "unique" ones were: Neveah (heaven spelled backwards, Ramiee Lynn, Areah Sunshine (say that one out loud), and of course all of the African American names like Laquisha, Bonqui-qui and Shanaynay.  My personal favorite was the nameless paper that said, "La-fawn-duh."  Napoleon lives on! :)


My students were all very kind in my last few days and I had several students say that they would miss me.  I choose to believe they were being sincere rather than sarcastic. :)  I know a few will certainly be glad to see me go, but I guess that's how it always goes.  Two of my senior boys that I just love brought me cookies and a little typed note today that said the following:


Ok, I laughed the first time I read that, but now looking at it again it just made me cry!  What a wonderful, stressful, exhausting, yet rewarding career teaching is!  I have loved teaching my students (even when they acts like little shizzes) and feel so excited about someday teaching me very own English class where I can run things exactly the way I want to!  Someday...

Comments

Shauna said…
You are almost done with your pregnancy! Wah Hoo!! I bet you made one great student teacher! :)
Katie said…
Your students sound like they were awesome! If you ever have the chance, you should try substituting for a while. I think I enjoyed the students I substituted more than my student teaching students! They feel like you are "saving" them from their teacher every time you come "visit." :)
Whitney said…
I don't know why, but this post really made me miss you.

When is the next time you'll be up in Logan? I'm making it a Priority 1 to see you.

Oh! And Dan and I were driving on the road that goes past your parents' house, and we saw Papa Bush out mowing the lawn. He looks like he's doing well! ::Prayers::


LOVE YOU!
Chelsea said…
First of all... I love that note from your "two favorites." That is just awesome.

Second of all... Congrats! I'm glad that you had such a great experience student teaching. I loved reading the updates.

Third of all... I love coming to your blog because I love the music you have. I always get dancing with Andy and he gets all smiley. I love it.

Fourth of all... I love you too. :)