Week 10

The Good Stuff


1) Burke got into the final round of interviews for the job at Campbell Scientific!!  We will be taking a trip to Logan next week for the interview and feel so good about this opportunity.  Even if Burke doesn't get the job, it has been wonderful for his self confidence to realize that good jobs still exist in this economy and they are interested in HIM as an employee.  I'm a proud wifey. :)


2) I can now comfortably drive the monster van to and from school without fearing for my life.

3) I currently have 103 % in my World Literature class.  I feel pretty good about that number.

4) We are sleeping with the windows open and haven't had to turn our heat or AC on for 3 days now!  The trees and flowers are in bloom and the weather is absolutely perfect.

5) My students are funny.  Not always in the ways the intend to be, but I am constantly in a state of amusement.

6) On Saturday we participated in two baptisms for our ward.  I sang at the one for Patrick Conway and felt such a wonderful spirit.

7) Reading and teaching about the Holocaust makes me so grateful for my life, my family, my country and my faith.  If you have not read Corrie ten Boom's account, you absolutely MUST do so.

8) My big sister will be having her baby either tonight (on her own) or she will be induced tomorrow.  I can't wait to hold baby Amelia!

9) Mama and Grandma E are coming to St. George to help with Cassie's baby.  I love when family comes to our neck of the woods.

10) Burke and I are going to Parowan tonight for conference weekend.  We haven't been up to Parowan since New Years, which I think is the longest time lapse in visits to the "Mother Town" since we have been married.  Burke is itching to go to the farm and get his hands dirty.

11) We played the Wii and hung out with our friends the Gonzales on Saturday night after their kiddos went to sleep.  We just adore that couple!

12) It's General Conference weekend!  Hooray!


The Bad Stuff


1) To be 100% honest, my students were driving me bonkers this week.  I'm not sure if it's because my seniors got their robes and tassels this week and have completely checked out mentally or if I'm just getting ready to be done.  Either way, it made me very grateful that I am down to 4 weeks.

2) Yesterday Mrs. Pascoe (my mentor teacher) burst into my third period to get her sun glasses out of her purse and said to my students, "I would SO be sluffing if I were a student today.  It's GORGEOUS outside and I'm about to go soak in some rays.  Sucks to be you!"  With that she smirked at the kids, put her shades on and dramatically excited the room.  Can you guess how many of them I was able to keep focused after that?

3) Most days now I feel weary by one o'clock.  It's getting harder to be energetic for my afternoon classes.

4)  When I asked my seniors today what their plans were after graduation one boy responded (in all seriousness) that he was going to "take a break" and play X-Box for the next year before he starts looking for a job.  Ah yes, young Jedi, that's the golden dream I've been longing to nourish.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"Ah yes, young Jedi, that's the golden dream I've been longing to nourish."- Lol!! You're funny :) Glad you are doing well! Don't sweat the small stuff :)

xoxo
stef