Week 13

The Good Stuff
1) We've had a chance to spend a lot of time with the Adams family the past week. On Friday (the 15th) we celebrated Kevin's 25th birthday with pizza, a Wii tournament, and bochee ball at the park. On Sunday we traveled to Cedar City to Aunt Holly and Uncle Doug's beautiful home to celebrate Grandpa Pug's 91st birthday.  He is stilll so sharp and charming!  I am getting better at recognizing all of the cousins, spouses and their children, although I still struggle getting the names right.  On Monday night we spent family night at the St. George Tabernacle for a concert put on by some sweet ladies from Parowan, with my talented mother-in-law accompanying them on her violin.  It was lovely.

2) Today is the start of a long Easter Break weekend.  I'm grateful for time to finish my last big assignments for the semester and to sleep in.  Mmm...love those extra zzz's.

3) Pretty good week with my students.  We had some meaningful discussions and a few good laughs.  One of my juvenile delinquents was taken out of my class (and out of our school all together) and I was delighted when my Juvie Class (as I secretly call them) was a little better behaved due to his absence.

4) It has been a beautiful week of sunshine and light breezes.  We've had the windows open for three days straight with the air off.  I'm excited to see our utility bill!

5) I presented my teacher work sample and e-portfolio to my secondary education professors on Monday.  I don't know why I had even stressed about it.  It turned out really well and they were all very encouraging!


6) Here is a picture I took a few weeks ago of a gorgeous sunset behind the temple as I dropped Burke off for a meeting at church.  Unfortunately, my camera did not capture the glorious golden rays mingled with purple-tinged clouds that caused the white stone to shimmer and shine in the evening twilight.  Just trust me when I say it was breathtaking!



The Bad Stuff
1) I had my very first shot in my mouth and cavity filled this week.  I have always been so proud of my healthy teeth!  The dentist explained that many pregnant women get cavities, because if the baby isn't getting enough calcium then they take it from your teeth!  I'm drinking a lot more milk these days.

2) I honestly can't think of any other bummers this week, except that we are still in limbo as we wait to hear from Campbell Scientific.  I just want to know either way!

Baby Update
1) Week 33 check up was yesterday.  I have packed on another 4 pounds in 2 weeks.  I cried when I got home while Burke tried to help me to see that it is okay to be gaining so much weight so quickly.  He reminded me that in my newsletter from the bump.com this week it said the baby is growing up to an inch a week at this point in the pregnancy!

2) While I am self-conscious of my size, I feel terrific physically!  Yes, I can feel myself slowing down and the weight makes it more difficult to maneuver quickly, but I'm still teaching on my feet all day and feeling good.

3) The Doc also was a little firm with me when I told him of my plans to travel up to Salt Lake for Gabe and Ellen's wedding on June 1st.  He said where I am measuring a week big as it is, he really doesn't want me traveling that close to my due date (June 9th), mostly because he said at that point in the pregnancy you are more prone to blood clots while traveling.  I never realized that's why they don't like preggos to travel long distances in the third tri.  I feel so torn because of course I want to be there to support my big brother, but part of me also thinks that it would be easier for everyone if I didn't go.  At least then Ellen wouldn't have to worry about fitting my enormous belly into a pencil skirt with the rest of the brides maids!  :)  If we do get the job in Logan, then we will go for sure.  Yet another decision that must be held in limbo until we find out!

4) All in all, baby is doing well!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just remember, Em... A LOT of that weight is the baby, increased blood supply and water retention. You will feel SO LIGHT AND SKINNY those first few days after your sweet baby is born. And then, remember that you will have a baby to take care of after that, and that weight comes off fast!
Whitney said…
Obviously, I've never had a baby, so I can't really commiserate that way...

But--the most important thing is wee baby Adams is growing and healthy. And that sounds exactly like what your body is doing! Isn't it amazing how the female body can do what it needs to do to bring babies here? You need to get yourself one of those shirts that has Rosie the Riveter on it that says: I'm so crafty, I make people!

In fact, here is a link to it:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MuthaCrafter?ref=pr_shop
Katie said…
DON'T WORRY about gaining weight, it is worth it. :) Plus, it will come right off when the little gal is born.