Week 12

The Good Stuff

1) Due to Easter Break this coming Friday and Monday, I am down to eight days of student teaching people!  Eight!

2) I had my final teaching evaluation on Thursday.  My mentor teacher and my supervisor were both incredibly kind and encouraging and said a lot of nice things.  My mentor said the highest compliment she could pay me was that she would want her children in my classroom.  My supervisor got very serious towards the end of our conversation when he said, "Now Emily, I know you plan on being a mother, and I support you in that, but one day you must teach.  You must!"  I was beaming the rest of the day! :)

3) I finally got over to the Ridings yesterday to snuggle Amelia and visit.  Cassie looks incredible after only 2 weeks since labor!  The kids were hilarious as always and I found myself very sad at the thought of moving away from them.  It had only been a week since I had last seen them, but even that felt like a long time.  I am very grateful we have had wonderful family members (Bush and Adams) close by the past 2 years.

4)  I am now confidently driving THIS monster.  Yep, I'm pretty proud of myself.


The Bad Stuff

1) I went to a new dentist on Wednesday.  He did a double take when he came into the room and asked, "Any day now, huh?  You gonna make it?!"  When I responded that I still had two more months he replied, "Twins, then, right?"  At which point I grabbed his scalpel and attacked with all the furry of an over-insulted fatso!  Ok, maybe I just grimaced, "Nope, just one."  Ugh.

2) At said tactless dentist, they found a possibility of my very first cavity since birth!  I go back this week to have the sealant removed to see if I really am decaying.  So much for my cockiness over perfectly healthy teeth.

3) I feel so antsy about the Campbells job!  I know there is a process, but I wish we could speed it up somehow and just know where we're going to be in a month.  We are in limbo.   

4) Burke got hit by a crazy lady in Mesquite while driving the company truck and trailer.  The lady tried to say it was Burke's fault and claimed he had done other damage to her car that were from a previous accident.  The police officer finally found her at fault (thank heavens) due to fact that the crazy lady kept changing her story, the evidence of the glass on the road, and a few witnesses who stood up for Burke.  Be sure to ask him for the hilarious details on this story.  He came home laughing his head off that night by some of the weird behavior that went on.

Baby Update

1) Feeling tired these days, but still really good!

2) I'm 32 weeks!  8 more to go!

Comments

You are super cute Emily! And wow, 8 days that's crazy! Congrats, that's an accomplishment.
Whitney said…
What a RUUUDE dentist! What is it about a woman being pregnant that gives people license to comment on her weight?!

If you had a black heart like me, you migth could say, "Yes, I am big, but that's because I'm growing a human life! What's your excuse?!"

Have you had strangers touch your stomach? That one really bugs me too. I'm going to be the world's most grouchy pregnant woman. :)