A Conglomeration of Thoughts

Lots on my mind lately.  Busy busy busy packing and mothering.  Here are some thoughts from the past week.

1) Went to our last Sunday at the St. George 4th Ward.  I couldn't have asked for a better ward for the foundation of our married life.  We had the pleasure of associating with the most loving and faithful people through the ward and have made some of the greatest friends.  There were lots of kind words said yesterday and even a few wet eyes - surprisingly none from me!

***2) The General Relief Society Conference on Saturday was a huge highlight of my week.  Elder Uchtdorf's talk was probably one of the finest talks I have ever heard and just what I needed to hear right now.  ANY woman (religious or not) should listen to his wonderful words of wisdom and encouragement found HERE and skip to to minute 58.  I PROMISE it will be the most uplifting 22 minutes of your day.  YOU are remembered and YOU are loved.***


3) Look at these beautiful babies!  Our friends Brandalee and Kade Burr who are so similar to Burke and I and we just love hanging out with them.  Their little man Paxon was born just 5 days after Daphne and it has been so fun being young mamas together and taking the babies for walks.  We had a BBQ at the Burr's cabin on Saturday afternoon, played pool and lounged around while the babies slept.  Such a good time.


4) Our landlord keeps bringing people by to see the apartment and it is getting really annoying.  The first time (about 2 weeks ago) I heard a knock at the front door and two seconds later there were people walking into my house while I was scrambling to stop Daphne from nursing and get myself covered.  Not cool.  At least wait for me to answer my door!  It's also super invasive when people are opening my bathroom drawers and looking into my closets while we're trying to eat dinner.  I'm glad we'll be done with that by Thursday.

5) I bought my first pair of skinny jeans on our date night on Friday.  I swear it's been at least 5 years since skinny jeans first came "in".  I'm a little behind the fashion curve and I'm sure it's only going to get worse! Yikes!

6) In case you doubted - I'm still obsessed with this little face!  She gets more fun every passing day.


How was YOUR week?

Comments

Anonymous said…
1) I would be sooooo annoyed if I had people walking into my house
2) Way to go on the skinny jeans! I am more behind than you. I can't pull them off.
3) Daphne is a doll. She's pulling some cute faces in those photos!
The Burr's said…
We have the cutest little babes! Hope everything is well for you three.. we miss you!!!
Emily! I'm now officially a stalker of your blog! (Hope thats ok) I love it:) I love reading it and seeing your cute pictures. And I completely agree on Elder Uchtdorf's talk. Absolutely incredible. And I also am a new owner of skinny jeans haha:) Only worn a few times in public though. Its a step process.