100 Reasons

Happy Lovers Day to you!  


  We had a fun day around these parts.  It started early in the morning (Burke leaves in the wee hours of the morn for work) with sleepy kisses to wake me up and gifties in bed.  I always love to see what Burke decides to get me for holidays.  We've discovered that romantic gift planning is not his forte, so it's usually a, "Oh no! It's (insert holiday) tomorrow and I need to get something!"  Followed by a dash to the store where I end up with some pretty sweet impulse items.  The proof lies in the pudding - ie: a pink snugglie, the perfect push-up (workout equipment, not bra, silly!), etc.  Truth be told, I love these funny gifties.  In fact, I've become less sentimental in my old age and wouldn't care if he forgot completely!  I would rather have a hubby who treats me like his Queen on a daily basis rather than lavishing me with gifts on rare occasions.  BUT, I digress!  Back to V-day.  I loved the gifts and the sweet card, but most of all the effort behind it!  Sweet boy of mine.  I sent him off with an Ipod (yeah right - I made one from this idea) and a couple of goodies and then got to work.  








Daphne and I blew up balloons with strips of papers inside with ONE HUNDRED reasons why I love my Alan Burke.  It was so easy to write that list.  I could have done a thousand reasons.  I think I was smiling the whole time as I took time to document the nuances that make my Burkie so irresistible to me.  I then took a sharpie and decorated them, unleashing my inner artist as you can see.    



Then I tried 3 different kinds of tape to get them to hang on the garage wall in a heart shape and finally resorted to thumb tacks.


When Burke got home for lunch, I made him step into the side garage with a couple of darts and burst the balloons for his love notes.  My little cupid only missed once!  :)



Cheesy?  Sure, but he loved it!  His main gifty hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but I'm excited about it and will post a picture when it does.  Meanwhile, I had a great day with my mini Valentine until Papa got home and we could go for a run, play tennis, make dinner and "snuggle" after Daphne went to bed. (wink, wink).  A lovely holiday to celebrate with my greatest loves.

Comments

Mindy said…
Uhm, I want to own Daphne's outfit. But no surprise there, right? :) P.s. Thanks for asking about Jake {nephew one}. Results have come back ruling out two different kinds of muscular dystrophy. He now has to go in for a muscle biopsy, but the date on that is not set yet. :( Again, thank you for your kindess and prayers!!!