52 Dates: #13 - The Classic: Dinner and Ice Cream

Our date this weekend felt a bit like the college cop-out; dinner and ice cream.  I just needed to get out of the house and I really appreciated Burke taking me out and then sitting with his back to the TV so we could have an actual conversation. Oh the little sacrifices an attentive husband can make to cheer us up!



For you Mesquite-ers - don't waste your time at The Press Box.  I thought the taste was mediocre, the portions average, and the service weird.  By weird I mean servers yelling across the room over other tables to follow-up on their customer's orders, mistakes being made left and right by all 4 of the servers I could see, no uniform, no one to greet you when you come in.  Maybe these are only things a former waitress notices, but it all bugged me big time.  Not to mention last time I went there for a ladies night the server accidentally stabbed me with a fork.  Yup.  Not sure why I gave it a second chance!

Poor runny-nosed, blue-eyed babe.

Date night was cut short as my poor Daphodil was d-o-n-e.  She has been breaking three new teeth and as a result things have been a little challenging around here the last several days.  What with the constant whining and several wake-ups in the night, plus a nap rebellion to top it all off, I have found myself having to make a conscious effort to be patient with my sweet babe.  It's weird to have to force it as I'm so used to having such a happy little lady as my buddy throughout the day.

Oh yeah -and then the fetchin' fall off the bed yesterday just about broke my heart.  It was SO avoidable and completely my fault as I failed to listen to a prompting to take her down.  I turned around for literally less than 5 seconds and heard that sickening "thump" followed by a wail that no mother ever wants to associate with their babe.  Daphne was so forgiving and I probably cried more than she did, but it just seemed to add "one more thing" to this lame week.  I can't wait until these chompers are all the way through and we can get back to normal around here!

Comments

Brace yourself for when she gets molars....that was ROUGH! :( Hang in there!