52 Dates: #16 - Yard Sale & Downton Abbey

I started coming down with a summer cold (it should be against the law to be sick with a cold when it's 90 degrees outside) on Friday, so we bagged our initial plans of hiring a sitter to go see The Hunger Games and instead spent Saturday morning at a neighborhood yard sale.  Most of the neighborhoods here in Mesquite are a part of an HOA and are only allowed to have 2 designated yard sales a year, which means you can hit up at least 25 garages in a couple of hours and search for treasures among other people's junk.  And treasures we found!


I've never actually owned my own set of golf clubs before as I've always borrowed my mom's in the past.  However, I am now the proud owner of a $40 dollar set of clubs (a couple hundred bucks new) that the lady said she had probably used less than 10 times - score!  We also snagged a squishy wrist-rest for Burke's keyboard at work for $2.50, a $3 guitar decor for Burke's man cave (which looks pretty sweet now that I've spray painted it black), a $4 picnic basket that I can't wait to use on our next date, $5 dollar golf ball retriever, and a $3 dollar golf hat.  We were pretty dang pleased with our haul, although the whole reason we went was to search for patio furniture.  Next time!

(Image found on IMDB)

The rest of the day was spent at home watching Downton Abbey episodes (we're a bit obsessed) and trying not to cough my brains out.  Don't you just love Downton?  We have been so impressed with it, but can't believe the third season doesn't come out until January 2013!  Also, wasn't Maggie Smith already 90-years-old like 20 years ago when she played the aged Wendy in "Hook" with Robin Williams?  I swear, every time I see her in a film I think she's on her last limb, but she just keeps on kicking!

Comments