Fevers and Secrets

 

Just got back from taking Daphne to the doctor for the first time for a sickness.  She has an ear infection and she is miserable.  Thereby, I am miserable.  The only upside is that my non-cuddle bug has been burrowing into my chest for the past three days, her fevered skin scorching mine.  And I love it.  The cuddling, not the sickies. It seems like everything else is on hold and in a way I love that too.  STOP world - there is a baby to be loved and caressed and nursed back to her bright, buoyant, beautiful self.

Meanwhile, I have been to St. George for two days to help take care of the Ridings.  I felt useful and grateful for the opportunity to serve.  Cassie is a wonderful mother, Dan is a terrific husband and father and the kiddos are sweethearts.  I'm lucky to be their *favorite* Auntie (I have 7 other Bush women who will fight me for that title!).


While my princess was snoozing, I saw this video.  And it broke my heart a little.  Josie actually showed me her copy of these compiled postcard secrets years ago, but I forgot about it until I saw this video.  It made me think about my own silly secrets and inspired me to be a little more kind, because we never know what secret burdens someone else is carrying.

Comments