The Gratitude Project - Wrapping It Up

I was looking through my Gratitude Project posts from the past month and the image of a skeleton-like tree, barren of fruit and flower suddenly seemed completely incongruent with the principle I was trying to instill in my heart.  A life brimming with blessings and recognizing a need to be aware of and grateful for those blessings should not be represented by a dark, winter-bound, silhouetted tree.  No, the image to represent a Gratitude Project and, consequently, a month of increased happiness, contentment, and optimism should instead be bright, cheerful and alive.  Don't you think?


So here it is - a more suitable visual to express the sunshine that has penetrated my heart when focusing on the many, many things I have to be grateful for.  Even the days this month where I have been tired or ill, having this project has helped me to realize there is always something good in each day.  There is always something to smile about.  But, as it turns out, the things I am most grateful for in my life have stayed exactly the same: my family, my friends, and my faith.

Here's to a wonderful Christmas season, continuing on with a thankful heart.  You know what that reminds me of?  Oh, just a little Muppet Christmas Carol ditty that goes a bit like this, 
"Every night will end, 
And every day will start, 
With a grateful prayer 
And a thankful heart!"


Oh Michael Caine - what a wonderful Scrooge you made!

Comments