Extras

There are so many things I want to blog about, but not enough time, so here's a little dump of a few highlights from the past couple months.


In January my Mom and Grandma Ellsworth came for 2 weeks.  They bounced back and forth between the Ridings in St. George and our family in Mesquite.  The primary reason was to create an opportunity for me to interview GG as much as possible so I can finish her life history this spring in time to create a book for her 95th birthday in June.  The visit was fabulous and we made so much progress!  I loved having my Gramsie and Mumsie here and Burke was such a good sport to have 4 generations of Ellsworth women (Daphne too!) in one home.  As you can see, Daphne was in heaven having 3 Mamas to dote on her at all times.


The first week after they had been here for 4 days, they left on a Friday morning to go to Cassie's house and that evening my in-laws came and helped us haul the Jaguar to Las Vegas to a European Cars Shop.  It was so kind of them to drive so far to help us and we had such a nice visit with them (more on that to come).  The car shop fixed it up something in the engine (some kind of wiring thing) good-as-new and now it runs beautifully.  Now if we could only sell it!  Know anyone who wants a Jaguar?


Also, way back at the start of January we finished our year of Harry Potter by wrapping up the 7th and final book.  I'm so glad Burke and I can now geek out over Potter stuff together.  Lots of philosophizing about how Harry can take on a Christ/Christian symbol as he willingly lays down his life to save those who believe in him.  Oh man, and all the life lessons tied up in Dumbledore (finding out how little you know about a person once they're gone), the symbols of the deathly hallows, etc., etc.  So much fantastic material and notable quotes from this book, but no time to explore them.  As with the others, the movies just don't do the books justice at all.  So, I suggest you don't do what we did and watch the movies directly after finishing each book - it's just too disappointing, although I was super impressed with both Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson's performances.  They got so good at their roles over the years!

Facebook Follow-Up
Okay, and I feel like I need to explain my hypocritical actions in regards to Facebook.  Some of you may have noticed that just a week after I posted my resolution to get rid of Facebook that I was back on again.  First, I have to say that I loved being off of Facebook for the 3 weeks I was off of it and I didn't miss it at all.  However, once we started our magazine we had all talked about getting the news out to family/friends in whatever way we could and clearly Facebook is the best method for spreading news.  So, I caved and signed back on to promote it.  But then once I was on I couldn't believe how much I had missed with friends announcing pregnancies, failed adoption attempts (heart breaking), engagements and sharing inspirational stories.  It really is such a useful tool, but I felt like a dork for getting back on right after my huge post about not wanting to use it anymore.  So I have revised my original goal by setting limits for myself.  I can only get on it if I have a purpose, not just to peruse, and even then I give myself a time limit of 10 minutes to get my business done and get off!  Phew - glad that's out there!

Comments