Wish I Could Do This

Last night we had an adult session for our local Stake Conference.  The theme was "Temples" and I was asked to sing a musical number (2 days prior - yikes!).  A friend recommended Jenny Phillip's new song, "Temple Spires".  It was simple and beautiful, nothing showy, which are always my favorite kind of pieces.  I think it turned out really well and invited the spirit into the meeting to testify of the importance of being temple-focused.  The meeting was amazing and I thought every speaker did such an incredible job speaking on a topic that, as you know, has become incredibly important to me since 2010 - family history work!  I felt the spirit all over again that the family history projects I've been working on will make an eternal difference in my life.

When we got home, I watched an amazing video my sister Chelsea  posted on her blog and that seemed to tie so perfectly into the theme of the evening.  It made me cry and when I saw this I immediately wanted to do something similar.  The wheels have been spinning in my mind all day thinking how I could create something to honor my ancestors like this in such a touching and succinct way.  Hopefully I will come up with something soon.

Comments