A Prize Meant For 13-Year-Old Girls

Okay, this is a slightly embarrassing and hilarious post to write.  I, Emily Adams, who have never won anything in my entire life, just won a Taylor Swift Contest.  No really.  Here's how it all went down.

So, everyone who reads my blog should know I am a big Taylor Swift fan (past Taylor posts HERE and HERE) so naturally I "liked" her facebook page a while back which means when she posts something (or rather, when her social media campaigners post something), I see it on my FB news feed.  About 6 weeks ago, I saw this promotion on my feed:

I really wanted to go to her concert this year and was a bit bummed I didn't get tickets in time, so this definitely caught my attention.

So first, you should know that I NEVER EVER EVER enter things like this, because A) I have never won anything before, B) I think they're cheesy and C) It's usually just a ploy to get your email address/phone number to send you further promotions.  Well, it just so happened I was cleaning out old files on my computer that day and had come across this picture with my besties:


So, I thought, "What the heck! I'll just shoot this off for fun."  With the picture entry it asked for you to caption why this was a #madeofstarlight moment (which is a reference to a song from her Red album) so I said something cheesy (but true) like, "My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, completely #madeofstarlight surrounded by my beloved family and friends."  Click, click, click.  Submitted it and didn't think another thing of it.

UNTIL today when Daphne finally went down for her nap.  Actually, let's be honest.  Daphne had come out of her bedroom 12 times, so I was holding the doorknob to her room so she couldn't come out again and would lay down to nap (sounds cruel, but it's the only thing that works these days to get her to go back to bed) while flipping through emails on my phone with my free hand so the 10 minutes at the door wasn't completely wasted time!  When I saw a "Taylor Swift" email address, I almost deleted it, thinking for certain it was just a junk mail promotion email.  At the last minute I clicked on it and it said I was a Runner-up Winner for the Taylor Swift Fragrance "Made of Starlight" Contest!  While I won't be flying to Nashville for her show (wish upon wishing that I was!), they are sending me 5 bottles of her new perfume, 5 sets of T-Swift pjs and $100 bucks to buy dinner and host a slumber party with 4 friends to celebrate and give them each one of the prizes!  Clearly this prize was created with 13-year-old girls in mind, but hey, I'll take it! 

I am laughing because now that I am a mid-twenties mom, I feel pretty silly that I even entered it in the first place.  Don't get me wrong, I am still excited to have won and am still an unabashed fan, but it makes me feel like I am a part of the "super fans" club who are weirdly obsessed with the stars.  Maybe I am and I'm just in denial!  :)  Regardless, I plan to go all out with this and throw a par-tay with the family to distribute the gifties and have an excuse to get my sisters and sister-in-laws together.  Sometime in the next month I plan on hosting an overnight (husband's keep the babies) T-Swizzle themed get-together with the ladies so we can eat take-out and just enjoy each other's company sans-kiddos for an evening.   

Thanks to my beautiful and darling friends Whitney, Josie, Wendi, Abby and Rachel who made this picture the gem that it is and brought home the prize!  If we all still lived in the same city, this party would be in your honor.  :)  Love you girls, despite time and distance!

Comments

haha that's awesome. Congrats on the win and LOVE the picture!