A Swifty

Apparently Justin Biebers fans call themselves "Biebs"  and now Taylor Swift's fans have been labeled "Swifties" -  and I am one of them!  The funny thing is, I have never in my life subscribed to any celebrity magazine or even bought one in the grocery store line.  Burke and I don't have TV and the only time I ever saw MTV growing up was if it was on at a friend's house.  In fact, I've never even seen an awards show like the CMAs, Grammys, etc.  Celebrity stalking is just not my thing.  I think it's weird how people care about which star is dating another star or how much money so-and-so makes.  It all seems like a waste of time to try and keep up on the superficial lives of someone I don't even know.


That is...until it comes to Taylor Swift.  I. Love. Her!  Remember 2 years ago when her "Speak Now" CD came out and I wrote a post all about her?  Well, this week her new album "Red" came out and it has resurfaced the tween fan in me.  My wonderful husband went to the store for me after work and bought me the CD package which came with my very own Taylor Swift guitar picks and poster! :)  He is so good to me.  I wasn't sure what I thought of the new direction her music is taking at first, but after a few times through, I absolutely love it!  When I stopped pinning for her old country style and realized she is almost all pop now I was able to enjoy the new sound without resenting the change.

Yes, almost every song is still about love (primarily lost love & heart breaks), but even though I'm a bit older now, I'm still a total sucker for a good love song.  After an evening sitting next to me as I read through the lyrics while listening to the songs, Burke put his arms around me as we settled into bed last night and said, "You know, we have exactly the kind of love that they all try to write about."  It was an uncharacteristically romantic thing for him to say.  As I grinned and squeezed him tight, I couldn't have agreed more.

P.S. My favorites so far are "All Too Well", "Stay Stay Stay" and "22" - how about you?

Comments

Niki said…
Stay stay stay and 22 are my faves! I love this album! I guess I'm a "swift" too!