Four And Counting

Our wedding rings - taken during our Bridals/Groomals in May 2009

If you were to gauge Burke's commitment to our marriage by his wedding ring, we would be in big trouble!  Burke has now had 4 wedding rings in 4 years!  Our first engagement/wedding ring in 2009 was a legit Tungston from the jewelers and he made it a full year before it was lost at the bottom of Sand Hollow Reservoir while tubing.  It was super sad for us, especially since we were so poor, so I wasn't able to get him a real replacement ring until I found one for $35 bucks on Ebay and put it in his stocking for Christmas in 2010.

Fast forward 19 months to the town water fight in Bunkerville on July 3, 2012 where ring #2 must have been flung from his finger in the excitement of launching water balloons and hosing down opponents.  A $25 Amazon replacement ring found it's way into his stocking again for Christmas 2012.

Time passed and I thought for sure this ring would be with us for the rest of our lives...but alas!  In August 2013, shortly after we moved here to Cedar, Burke could not find ring #3 anywhere.  He couldn't fathom where he could have lost it and searched the house high and low.  "It's not lost!" He insisted.  "It is in this house somewhere!"  Against his wishes, another $25 Amazon ring found it's way into his stocking for Christmas 2013.


Not a week later, Burke came home for lunch right as I was giving Daphne a tubby.  As I rummaged in the high shelves of a bathroom cabinet, a metal clank hit the floor and there, to our great shock was ring #3.  Burke was exultant shouting,  "I knew it wasn't lost!" with many a fist pump to the air.  We had a good laugh and I was relieved he would have a spare on hand.

All was well in wedding ring land until last week when Burke kept asking if I had seen his rings.  Plural.  He couldn't find #3 or #4!  Are you kidding me?!  I swear we need to superglue his sign of marital commitment to his finger!  On Friday I was out cleaning up the yard when a metal glint caught my eye and I found one of the rings in the middle of the yard.  He was very sheepish when I returned it to him that night.

All I can say is, I am so grateful that it's not my ring we've had to replace four times (knock on wood) and...I am going to kill this sweet husband of mine if this ring saga has another chapter in the near future.

Comments