Resolutions 2014

I love setting goals, mostly because I love the great satisfaction that it brings me to check them off.  I goal set monthly, weekly and sometimes even daily.  For me, I really intend to do my New Years Resolutions each year.  I refer to my resolutions often and try to only set goals that I feel are obtainable, will help me become a better person and will improve my life or the lives of others.  The most fulfilling goal that I accomplished in 2013 was finishing Volume One of my Grandmother Mary Jane's life history in time for her 95th birthday.  That was a tremendous moment for me to hold the printed book in my hand and reflect on how much work had gone into bringing it about.  

Here are the goals I have set for myself for 2014.  I look forward to seeing how I do!

Emily’s Goals for 2014

Major Goals
1) Be more POSITIVE – in thoughts, conversations and actions. 
2) Become more PRAYERFUL.  Pray for opportunities to serve each morning and follow the promptings that come.
3) Complete GG's family history project – collect and organize all remaining photos, documents, etc., and distribute them to the extended family.
4) Conduct “Tot School” for Daphne a minimum of 2 times a week.
5) Read the Ensign cover to cover each month.
6) Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week


Minor Goals
1)   Contact the living descendants of Patrick Joel Berry and Thornton Granville Berry.
2)   The Year of Jane Austin - read her 6 major works
3)   Write Tasha and Brett once a month
4)   100% visiting teaching each month
5)   Finish blog books for 2012 and 2013
6)   Cook a new recipe once a month

Comments