Snowmobiling


On Monday, January 6, Burke took the day off work and we joined his twin cousins (Lance and Payton Hughes), a couple of their friends from North Dakota, my in-laws, Mike and LeeAnn for a day of snowmobiling up at Co-Op.  



I had only been on a snowmobile once before as we took the granddaughters on rides around the snow-covered fields at the farm last Christmas.  I had been a little nervous then, but for some reason this trip to the mountain was perfect.  I was never scared of getting hurt or thrown off and I felt comforted knowing that even if something did happen, the snow was soft and nearly 2 feet deep which could pad a potential fall.


Not that I need to worry about that too much anyway.  Burke grew up on all sorts of machinery and has a gift at being able to read and control vehicles almost without thinking about it.  I loved being bundled up in heavy layers, wrapping my puffy arms around his marshmallow-body as we sped over smooth plains of sparkling white.  The virgin snow at the mountain property was absolutely dazzling!



Despite numb toes (*note to self* - wear warmer socks next time!), we had such a good time and I think the trip convinced Alan, Alma and Mike that the farm needs to invest in a few sleds to buzz around on during the winter months.  We wholeheartedly support that decision and look forward to many more years of winter fun!

Comments