Co-Op Revisited: Bush Family Campout

Take a look at this place....is there any way wonder that we would want to return? After such a wonderful time at Co-op with the Adams Family, we invited those of the Bushbunch down that could make it to spend a few days over the 24th of July at this bit of heaven on earth.

The cousins were so cute together dancing on the trailer, sitting in their mini camp chairs, giggling at sticky s'moore fingers and girl talking (Lydia and Kaleo were being SUCH girls it cracked me up!).
It was the first time since we got married that I got to spend some time with my family and I was reminded again of how much I sincerely love each of my family members! I am one lucky lady. One major highlight for all were the 3 four wheelers that we took on numerous rides around the 3,200 acres to all the beautiful vantage points. When we first took the Kirby fam out for a ride, Kaleo sat in front of Karl with her hands on the steering wheel cackling so loud with such giddy glee that I could hear her all the way down the road and above the roar of two engines! I also loved how all of the nephews wanted to ride with Uncle Burke - especially Zakia (probably cause Burke let him drive and egged him on to higher speeds). I know it made Burke feel good to have the little ones be so eager to spend time with him since he is still making his mark and finding his place among my family. Nothing to worry about among big or small though - Burke has the kind of amazing personality that can make anyone feel comfortable and special - it's one of the things I love most about him!

One especially interesting highlight emerged from a stick, pine cones and a cow pie. Observe:

There is a particularly sweet zip line that someone in the Adams Family constructed years ago and gives you quite the pop at the bottom. We each took our turn (EVEN ME!) and it was such fun to see the little ones get pulled down at a more secure speed by their parents. Ok, back to the pine-cone-pattie. So as we were waiting at the bottom, Zakia got a little mischievous and began to huck pine cones at the zip line riders with an impish grin. Daddy ingeniously distracted him by planting this stick in the cow pattie and balancing a fresh pine cone in the crock of the stick and made a game to see who could knock the pine cone off the stick without hitting the poop. Zak thought this was hilarious, but I thought it was even more funny to watch my Dad and Burke get just as competitive as my seven year old nephew! Boys. :)
All in all, it was another fabulous camping trip leaving us with that familiar question; why don't we do this more often?!

Comments