How Do I Do It?!

I had a bad day yesterday. After a late night of homework I slept through my alarm and arrived at work late and then proceeded to have a crummy day at the office. On my lunch break I drove over to a nearby church parking lot ready to wallow as I ate my glamorous PB&J. I thought about a conversation Burke and I had the night before and I realized I didn't like the way that I had been acting; allowing the craziness of our schedule to stress me out to the point that it was effecting my happiness and the way I treat my sweet husband. I decided right then and there that I would turn that frown upside down! I called Burke and left him a chipper voicemail and returned to work with a smile on my face. The day didn't improve much, but I was determined to not let it get me down.

After school, house cleaning and homework last night, I devised a cheesy thing I could do for Burke to help us both cheer up. It was about 11 o'clock and he was running over to an internet hotspot a couple blocks away to submit his paper due at midnight. In the few minutes that he was gone I dashed around the house, collecting all the candles we had, finding some soft music and bubble bath. When he came home, in my usual dramatic manner I flung my head back in a dramatic pose...only...I forgot that there were candles behind my head. Suddenly the smell of burning hair filled the room and I gasped as I realized my hair had fallen into a candle and was being singed!

HOW DO I DO IT?!

Burke laughed for a good long while, but I just found myself sounding like Joe off of Little Woman when she sobbed, "My HAIR!" Oh well, it's just hair and I got my hubby laughing...that's all that matters!

Comments

Marinda said…
Emily, you are awesome. Did the fire do any serious damage? Love your busy guts.
Marinda said…
Oh ya, and hang in there. Life does calm down eventually and you get tougher at the same time.
Norton's said…
Oh Em, I'm sorry that I'm laughing right now at your post. I hope your days will be brighter for you in the future. Hang in there!