Whelmed

"You can be underwhelmed and overwhelmed, but can you ever just be...whelmed?"
(Whoever can name this movie quote gets a golden star)

Life has become a little crazy at the Adam's Home and I have been feeling a little overwhelmed. Burke and I were called to be on the activities committee and chairs of the new member committee (which apparently is NOT a made up calling) our second week in the ward. Two callings should be enough for one couple right? Yet two nights after we gave our talks in church the 2nd counselor showed up on our doorstep and called me as a Relief Society teacher! I am excited for the new call, but a little intimidated as at 21 I am the youngest married sister in the entire ward and 75% of the sisters are over the age of 50. I know I can do it, but I wonder what on Earth I will be able to offer these sisters, not to mention the fact that 3 callings for one person seems to be a little much!

Last week, while bemoaning the fact that I never get to see my sweetheart anymore, I sat down to calculate exactly how much time we had together in the week. I added up all of our responsibilities (work from 7-2:30 (*5:00 for Burke), school from 3-7, church callings, ward choir, homework, sleeping, etc) and came to the shocking conclusion that out of the 168 hours in week, Burke and I have exactly 15 hours a week together - and 1/2 of that time is on Sunday! I got a little dramatic and insisted that we initiate an official Date Night so we can spend some non-studying time together. On Friday we went to "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" which was super weird, but very enjoyable. I highly recommend it for all you families out there for an FHE activity! Here's to kids movies to help balance the "whelmed."

Comments

Erica said…
My favorite movie of all times(at least top 5 seriously)....10 Things I Hate About You! Boo Yah! I tried to force a date night but my husband semi blew me off for the first official one so it's been put off. Sad!
Erica said…
PS I went private but never got your email- email it to me elbo1152@gmail.com
Wendi said…
This... is a cute post. And so are you two. Well you're cute, not a post. :) I love the fact that you blog so I can keep up on your guys' life! I am always amazed at your positive perspective. I love you!