52 Dates: #26 - Old School Nintendo Night

Due to some weirdo health issues lately and a super active 1-year-old, I have been feeling really worn out lately.  So when date night rolled around this past weekend, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and sleep!  However, Burke challenged me to a game of Mario Party on the 'ol Nintendo 64 and my competitive side couldn't resist.  


I just checked on Wkipedia and it turns out the N64 came out in 1996 when I was in 3rd grade.  I remember my childhood friend Shay Merrill had one and we thought the graphics were SO amazing!  Gabe would always borrow a station from one of his friends for a weekend of two and would play for days on end until he had beat Bowser on every imaginable level.  It's probably a good thing we never owned one - what a waste of time!  However, for a one-time date night it was a blast!  

   

Now, I've never been a sore loser, but I do love to win and Burke loves to see how giddy I get when I'm in "win-mode".  That is, unless if it's his butt that I'm kicking!  He made me play the bumper balls game at the end three more times to regain his pride.  :)

Comments