Blog Books



This post my sound a bit like an advertisement, but I just wanted to share with you all one of my favorite products - Blurb Books!


Blurb is how I turn my blog into a hardbound scrapbook/journal each year.  It's definitely not as cutesie as Mixbook (the program I am using to create Daphne's baby book), but it's much more cost effective, gets everything into one place and helps me preserve my personal family history in an enjoyable way.


I also love that I can add things like Daphne's birth certificate and journal entries I decided were too personal to post on the blog.  I can also throw in lots and lots and lots of pictures of my favorite subject!


Blurb is also significantly cheaper than a bunch of the other online book publishing sites I've tried.  Rather than going up, the price actually goes down the more pages you print (cents per page that is).  You don't get charged for color or the amount of photos you use either.


A few weeks ago I finally printed my blog book from 2011 for $81 (with shipping).  It is hard back, has 281 pages and is jammed full of photos.
  

Now $81 might sound like a lot of money, but when you think about how much it would cost to print up all your pictures, plus the actual scrapbook, the paper, embellishments, pens, stickies, etc., this is actually a much more time and financially efficient way to preserve your memories.  And, let's face it, this is a much better product for me as I am a terrible scrapbooker to being with!  This way all the pictures are straight and the handwriting is legible.


Also, just a little tip.  I NEVER pay full price for ANYTHING on the internet anymore after discovering that you can search for discount codes on practically any sight.  My favorite place to search is RetailMeNot.  For example, a 2 minute search landed me a blurb coupon for 15% off my order, but I've found coupons for products on there before up to 50 or 60% off!  Pretty sweet.  Happy memory preserving!  

Comments

Jem said…
I was just thinking that I need to turn my blog into books. I might have to stop by one night and have you help me. Thanks for the info!
Erica said…
THANK YOU! I lost my pictures from my blog, not sure how or if I'll be able to ever get them back. And I'm terrified of losing it all again. This will be so helpful
Niki said…
I'm so glad you posted this! I have been meaning to turn my blog into a book but didn't know which site would be best. Thanks for the tip!
Whitney said…
Em--I LOVE this. I think that is just as good, if not better, than a traditional scrapbook, because your children and grandchildren will hear more of your words and thoughts (instead of if you can pick out cute doo-dads to accessorize with). I love how diligent and dedicate you are to keeping your journal online