Walka Walka! Daphne's Walking!

So this post is over two weeks old - Daphne being fully mobile has dramatically changed our lives! :)

Ok, so Walka Walka (said in your best Fozzy Bear voice) may not be a familiar phrase to you, but in my family it's used either to follow up a punny joke or to express excitement.  In this case, we're pretty delighted with Daphne's latest development as our baby girl is full fledged walking!


For about a month she's been taking a step here and a step there, but would usually sit down if she got nervous or cling to the furniture.  On Friday (June 22) we had her 1 year checkup in St. George and she suddenly decided to show off for her cousins, taking more courageous steps than I had ever seen. When we got home to Mesquite that night, she was cruising around the kitchen, living room, up and down the hallways, so proud of her new talent.  She is now trotting everywhere and loves to turn around and run the opposite way with a huge grin on her face when I ask her to come here.  Little tease!  Here's a video of the Daphodil in action.


Burke and I laugh at her short, high clipping steps as she lifts one foot clear up to her shins and slaps it back down in a prancing motion.  It's pretty adorable.  The down side to this is we've had a bunch more bumps and bruises in the past few days, but I suppose it's all part of this age.  The other twinge to my heart came as I realized in one week she's gone from crawling to walking, bottles to sippies, and formula to whole milk. My baby won't be a baby much longer! *sniff*

Comments

Erica said…
I will be honest, that video made me a little sad. I seriously have already forgotten what it was like when Hudson had his more wobbly walk. Enjoy it while you can, the sprint he's picked up is exhausting!!