Happy Halloween!


It was so fun to have Daphne be big enough to go Trick-or-Treating this year.  She still doesn't have a clue what's going on or why there are so many freaky looking people dressed up around her, but she was having a blast regardless.


Tuesday night our ward did a Trunk-or-Treat in the church parking lot.  They had awards for how well your trunk was decorated and some people got really into it with monster faces, spooky music, etc.  I wish I had taken pictures of the hunter themed truck that had a few dead dears in the back (gross) and the whole family decked out in camo, but the only one I managed to get a picture of was our cute neighbors, The Holts, and their concession stand trunk plus chunky baby hot dogs for sale - so cute!

Matt (the Dad) was dressed up in red and white stripes too - they all looked so great!

About 30 minutes before the Trunk-or-Treat Burke and I decided we had better dress up.  We thought since Daphne was an elephant and we didn't have any zoo keeper type outfits on hand that we would just pull out all of my things I brought back from living in India.  I was so sad that I couldn't remember the proper way to tie my sari, but we improvised and ended up as an Indian Princess, a mustached-turbaned Arabian and our pet elephante (yes, please read with a spanish accent).  


Burke was a good sport and let me draw a  swirly mustache on him and even wore my authentic Indian chudidar pants and wrapped the scarf as a turban.  It was very last minute, but fun to get dressed up regardless.


We have dressed Daphne up in this costume several times now over the past month and every time she just trucks around with it all zipped up, never once trying to take the hood off.  I absolutely love the haunches in back and how her little waddle-run is accentuated by the padded hips and swaying tail.  What a cutie!


Comments