The Gratitude Project - Day 8 & 9


I haven't felt like blogging the last couple of days, but I will try to make up for it today with a list of 10 things I have felt grateful for the last few days.

1) The technology that allows me to contact my family members no matter where they are in the world.  This week I've talked to 7 out of my 9 immediate family members.

2) People who bless the lives of our families when we can't be with them ourselves.  It is so comforting to know that with Chelsea on the other side of the world in Singapore that she has made dearly beloved friends that act like family in our stead.  However, I wish I could be there to hug and comfort her right now as her dearest friend has finally succumbed to her battle with cancer.

3) As as result of the above circumstance, I am grateful to have the knowledge that that our existence did not begin with birth nor end with death.  I know that our spirits are eternal, our families can be together forever and we will see our loved ones and Jesus Christ when we leave this world.

4) Rain splattering my window as I type by gray-sky light.

5) Wonderful ladies to visit teach and be taught by in turn.  I enjoy each of the 4 sweet ladies I have a chance to visit at least once a month.

6) Towering stacks of library books to fuel Daphne's growing imagination and vocabulary.  She just learned what a snowman is and has been loving it when we sing "Once There Was a Snowman".

7) Sweater weather.

8) Warm soup on a stormy day.

9) Baby girl babbling and laughing to herself in her crib while she fights off nap time.

10) Most of all, I have been reminded the past few days of how grateful I am for a harmonious marriage.  I am so grateful for a husband who communicates with me and who makes me feel appreciated and loved on a daily basis.  As I observe other marriages, I am reminded to never take ours for granted and to never stop working to keep it a source of happiness, comfort and love.

A video of President Monson's wonderful talk on gratitude given in October 2010.

Full talk found HERE

Comments