Cassie Jo


This is a tribute to this beautiful woman right here.  My big sister Cassie Jo Riding.  Isn't she gorgeous?  Cassie is one of the primary reasons St. George has become "home" for me.  When I first moved down here as a fresh newly-wed I was so grossed out with the gray sand, prickly tumble weeds and scalding heat.  It was summer and I had no job, no friends, and a P.O.S. car with no air conditioning.  (Burke - Rita was a darlin, but you've gotta admit it, she was also a piece!)  Cassie never stopped encouraging me.  She and the kiddos would come by for visits with cards or cookies just to tell me they loved me or to wish me luck in an interview.  Over the coming months whenever I talked to her about my insecurities as a young bride, stressed student, incensed employee or adapting in-law she would always listen and have the perfect advice.


In the two years we've been here, I can't count the number of times she and Dan have cooked us amazing dinners and let us hang out at their house, engaging in uplifting conversations and playing with their darling babies.  Training for our half marathon together was so much fun as she cheer-leaded me with mantras to go just one more mile.  She is so strong and has incredible endurance, both in the realms of exercise and life.  She has been my greatest example when it comes to loving and accepting people for who they.  She refuses to talk bad about others and always looks for the good.  She is the "Queen of Cards" and is constantly dropping off thoughtful tokens to anyone who may need a pick-me-up.  She is an amazing mother, dedicated wife, master sign language interpreter, inspired Young Women's President, and loving individual.


Now the red rock has grown on me, we have terrific friends and our car has been a dream (with perfect AC).  But you know what?  Cass is still my favorite friend.  She still encourages me as I adapt to motherhood and work to improve my health.  She gives me rides when Burke has the car in Mesquite, brings me thank-you cards when she's the one who has done me a service, loads me up with zucchinis from her garden, clothes for my preggo belly (and clothes for my postpartum belly), and treats when I'm feeling under the weather.  She is a Wonder Woman - the kind of person I hope to become. Thank you for all you do for me Cassie Jo.  I love you!

Comments