Daph Stats: Month 2

Dear Daphne,

You have had an eventful month my darling - two firework shows, dipping your toes in the Quail Creek Reservoir, going to the Veyo Pool (you slept through that one), and even a camping trip to Co-Op.  Not to mention all of the family members, friends, neighbors and ward members who have come to visit and admire your beautiful face!  On Wednesday you had your two month checkup and your first series of vaccinations.  I know it was irrational (because I'm the one who chose to immunize you), but when the nurse started poking you with those needles and making you scream I was so angry at her.  You were such a good sport though and after a couple of hugs and kisses you calmed right down.  Remember how last checkup you weighed 8 lbs 13 oz?  Well you have gained just the right amount of weight and are now 10 lbs 15.5 oz.  You have also grown another 2 inches and are now 23 inches long.  You are actually in the 96th percentile for height!  Sorry to disappoint you kiddo, but don't get used to that.  With genetics like ours you're destined to be a gymnast or a jockey, not a basketball player.
On the week of your blessing day you began developing baby acne accompanied by angry red blotchy patches that seemed to get a little worse each day.  Turns out it was a combo of the baby acne, plus heat rash and mild eczema.  I felt so bad when I realized that we were contributing to the problem by wrapping you in blankets that were too warm at night.  Each morning now when I wipe down your face with a wash cloth I lather you in lotion and your skin now has a beautiful clear glow.  Speaking of washing, you are a champ in the tubby!  After the initial widening of the eyes when you're lowered in, you are so chill, just enjoy the warm water and our undivided attention.  I, on the other hand, am always rushing to bathe you as you have decided on more than one occasion to poop before I can get a diaper on you and then we have to start the whole process over again!  Ew.

As I've mentioned before, you are strong!  I tried to capture your head lift during our daily tummy time, but these pictures just don't do it justice.  You've started grasping my hair and it is a battle to get you to loosen your grip enough to keep you from pulling my hair out!


By six weeks you were sleeping through the night!  I was so excited until week seven when you hit a growth spurt and started waking up again at three a.m. every night.  You are settling into a great routine now and you take three awesome naps during the day followed by several hours of alert time with Mama and Papa in the evening.  I was counting the other day and realized you are only awake about nine-ten hours of the twenty-four hours in day.  Sleeping, eating and playing with Mom and Dad.  What a life!


Sadly, you have about an hour of fussy time usually right when Dad gets home.  For a few weeks he didn't get to see how cute you have been all morning, but since the 24th of July you have been smiling more and more.


Have I mentioned how much I love your little tuft of hair on back of your head?  Right after your tubby it is so fluffy and sticks straight up.  I love caressing your head and smoothing those hairs when you are in a milk daze or trying to wake up.  It makes me grin just thinking of it!


If I had never been raised to know God, there would be no way for me to deny a higher power simply by looking at you.  I marvel at how perfectly orchestrated your creation was and that from a ball of cells came this magnificent child.  From the top of your fluffy head to the tips of your long toes, you are absolutely perfect.


It has been so delightful watching you become more interactive each day.  I think you now recognize that I'm your mother and that I will always take care of your needs, but do you realize how obsessed your Daddy and I am with you?  We coo over you when you're awake and sigh over you when you're asleep.  I think we say probably ten times a day, "She is so beautiful!" and grin about every little thing you do.  We are both so in love with you baby girl and it just keeps getting better by the day!  Thank you for letting us be your mom and dad.  Grow on little one.

Love You Forever and Always,

Your Mama

Comments

Anonymous said…
so cute! Avery has started to develop baby acne as well, and it seems to get a lot worse when she is hot. I didn't know if I should put lotion on her face. what kind of lotion did you use for Daphne?