Gratitude Shout Outs

As I sat rocking Daphne in her nursery today, I felt an immense gratitude as I looked around the room and realized how incredibly generous people have been to us.  The vast majority of our possessions in our home have all been given to us and I have yet to buy a single piece of clothing for Daphne's wardrobe.  I feel the need to publicly thank all who have been so incredibly thoughtful, kind and generous to our little family.  We have more than we need because of you and we are so grateful.



Thanks to my magnificent mother who made this awesome valence for my curtains to match the nursery and for running to Target to pick up this perfect lamp for the dresser.  They really were the finishing touches! (These pictures are poor quality because I didn't want to turn my flash on and wake Daphne up!)


Thanks to my sisters and sister-in-laws who pitched in on my rad jogging stroller that I've been using several times a week now.  I love how smoothly it rides and how Daphne can lay all the way down and snooze as I walk (and slowly jog) along.  It won't be too long until we're running all over town!


Thanks to Katie Tippits for making me this beautiful and very soft blanket for Daphne's stroller/car seat.  I love the color scheme, especially because I can use it for a boy or girl.


Thanks to Chelsea Moore who crocheted this darling hat for Daphne and the clip on bow as well.  I can't wait until her head is big enough to fit into it!  Perfect for a Logan visits during the winter.  Check out Chelsea's awesome crochet blog (HERE) where you can order your own custom-made hats, shoes or flowers.

Thanks to Annie Nielson, Lorraine Carpenter, Hailey Johnson, Josie Olsen, Abby Broadbent and Rachel Geslin for the darling clothing you all have sent/brought by.  Thanks to Danelle for my amazing comforter and to the rest of the Adams women who chipped in money for our rocking chair.  I would go on to thank all the people in my ward/neighborhood who have dropped off gifts and all the girls who brought wonderful presents to my baby shower, but it would take too long and most of them don't blog anyway!


Last, I want to express a very heartfelt 'thank you' to the anonymous person who sent Burke and I money in the mail.  We don't know who you are, but if you are reading this I can't tell you how much that meant to us.  My cup is running over with appreciation and love for all of you!  I hope that as we become a little more established that we can pay all of this kindness forward with monetary things, but for now it is my hope that we can serve others as much as possible and try to be as thoughtful as you all were.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WE ALL LOVE YOU! xoxo
Lo-train said…
You are too sweet, I need to take notes.