The Blog World

I started this blog with no lofty purposes other than to have it act as my journal and to be used as a way to stay in touch with my family.  Along the way I began running across blogs of former friends and acquaintances.  I love seeing little snippets of people's lives and "hearing" their thought process typed out, sharing what is important to them, what is beautiful to them.  I love the stories, the pictures, the projects, the quotes and the displays of love for spouses, children, friends, family and self.

About a year ago, when I was introduced to nie nie dialogues  and then cjanerun I suddenly began to realize...whoa, there is a whole lot of blog world out there that I didn't even know existed.  I was at the tippy-top of the iceberg, not realizing the mammoth force just under the surface.  The more blogs I come across, the more I realize the need for people to express themselves through words, art, photography, song.  We all share this universal need to document, to be valued, to be remembered.  We are finding ways to throw our voice out into the unknown and wait for the reverberations to wash over us.  We share our pain and our joy and somewhere out in the vast chasm of cyberspace, other voices call out, Me too!  Me too!  I feel.  I understand.

Truth be told, I have been shocked by comments, emails and facebook messages that have thanked me for a post that spoke to them or offered advice or comfort or love.  Friends, strangers, acquaintances, reaching out to let you know you are not alone, that what you say has value.

Burke teases me about the "Blahg".  He knows I love it.  I adore documenting our life and especially our baby girl.  I get so much pleasure in purging my thoughts from brain to hands, of printing my blog book at the end of the year and going back to flip through the pages of my memories.  What a blessing this outlet is for me!  What fun it is to get your feedback.  Although I write for me, it brings me happiness to know that you are out there reading and understanding too.  We are a fascinating community of friends and supporters, who may not have been otherwise if not for the blog world.  Thanks for making the experience rich!

Comments