Calling All Recipes!

Let's face it folks, I am not a super mom - not even close!  I can't sew, I seriously struggle in the kitchen, and until recently I have never made a craft outside of girl's camp.  My mother, on the other hand, can do all of those things (and more!) beautifully.  I don't know how I never learned from her impressive arsenal of homemaking skills and for that I must offer her a sincere apology for not being more interested or invested in learning from her valuable talents.   


However, since Daphne was born and I have been home, I have been attempting to nurture my "domestic goddess" within.  I know it will not happen overnight, so I have been trying to make small, realistic baby steps to becoming a better cook first and foremost.  Starting in August, I have been trying to do one new recipe a week.  It has been surprisingly fun and a lot easier than I had anticipated.  I was always so intimidated at trying new things and I was embarrassed by my inexperience (when I first married Burke, I had never even browned meat! ah!).  It's been exciting to realize that if you can follow the directions on a recipe, you really can cook quite a vast variety of meals.  I have made the very easy, but yummy, Spaghetti Pie (HERE) from Bits Of Everything, Classic Chili (HERE) at Leesh & Lu's Recipe Box, and our most recent LOVE was Cambodian Coconut Chicken Curry (HERE) as posted by my sister Chelsea.  Though, truthfully, I only bought the ingredients for the curry as I had to feed a hungry baby while Burke made the actual dish.  It was DELISH Chels.  Burke said he could happily eat that one every two weeks!


All of this to say, I NEED your recipes!  This is an official call for one simple thing - the recipe for your FAVORITE meal!  I would love to start posting my attempts in the kitchen and the recipes you all suggest.  You can post them here or email them to emilyabush{@}gmail{.}com.  I'm excited to see what you folks eat at your house!  

Comments

Chelsea said…
Oooo! This is going to be exciting. Brig's family has all sorts of fun dishes that I had never made before. I'll send those to you!
Liv Blair said…
I'm TERRIBLE at finding time to cook but have TONS of fun recipes. I would totally suggest getting the Our Best Bites cookbook from Deseret Book if you don't already have it. It is seriously amazing. I am all about making good meals with ingredients that you already have in your kitchen and this book is FULL of them. (I have never felt the need to purchase an entire cookbook until this one came around!)