Krave, Brett, and Hair Dye

Such a good weekend.  On Friday night we drove to St. George where Cassie, Danelle, Telsha, Catherine and I celebrated our successful Healthy Living Challenge by doing some shopping and eating delicious frozen yogurt at Krave.  Have you ever been there?  If not, you MUST!  I was surprised by how much I liked it and eager to take Burke back sometime for date night.


We spent the night at Cassie and Dan's house and were treated to yummy pancakes in the morning as well as our first ever Cross-Fit Workout.  Um...can you say killer hard?!  As Cassie was showing us the baseline exercises she wanted us to do, I thought it was going to be pretty simple.  Either I am horrendously out of shape (I am) or else Cross-Fit really does just kick your bootay (it does), but I have been sore for the past 2 days and can barely sit down without my thighs yelping at me.

In the afternoon we drove up to Parowan for Brett's high school musical performance of "The Sound of Music" in which he had the part of Ralph.  You know, the character who sings "16 Going on 17" with Leisle?  He was adorable and it was fun to see him acting up there.  Ladies (under age 18), here's a shout out for my cute little brother-in-law.  This kid is incredibly talented, kind, hard-working and funny.  His pigs are always among the best at the county fair (ha ha!), his first love was his guitar, Kimber, and when his hair grows out it poofs into a magnificent curly afro.  You are allowed to swarm his door when he gets back from his mission in 3 years.  (You're welcome Brett!)

I was terrible with my camera this weekend and didn't get pictures of Brett at the play, because Daphne was through before intermission.  Here he is at the deer hunt in October wearing his lucky orange hat which I don't think has ever been washed - ew.

In other news, Kristen dyed my hair for me before the musical - DARK brown.  At first, it looked black and I was terrified.  Then we ran out of dye and the store in Parowan didn't have the same color.  Kris did a good job, but I think I look a little pasty.  No pictures yet till I figure it out.  I might try to do a little lighter brown tonight, because tomorrow night we are headed to Logan - YEEHAW!  I can hardly wait to be with family and friends again.

Comments

The Burr's said…
It sounds cute... I want to see it!!! That is so fun you guys are going to logan! Hope you have a good thanksgiving! We need to hangout sometime in the next month!!:)