My Happy

As a child, my parents used to occasionally ask, "What was your "happy" for the day?"  Well, my happy for the day, was getting to see my dear friend Katie (Hibshmen) Tippits and her sweet family for a couple of hours.  Katie is one of those people with a contagious smile and a perpetually positive outlook on life.  I love being around her!
Katie and David's little looker, baby Jack.

One of my favorite memories of Katie is in our early years of college when we were once talking about what it would be like to one day be married and eventually pregnant.  She said in the most excited voice, "The best thing about being pregnant is that you can sit there on the couch with your husband and your belly and it's like you're a little family!"  Ok, so maybe you had to be there, but the way she said it with the twinkle in her eye, a huge smile and the sincere excitement she had in looking forward to motherhood is something I will never forget.  And now look at us...young mothers and "little families" of our own!


We were lucky enough to get to make lunch for the Tippits on their way home from Vegas, but sadly had to rush off as we were the speakers at church today.  After the way Jack and Daphne played together, I think the general consensus is more play time in the future.  Thank you so much Katie, David and baby Jack for taking the time to stop and see us!


Comments

Katie said…
That was SO much fun, thanks again for having us!! (Oh, and P.S. I always said I would never let my kid have a messy face...right. :D)
I Emily! This is Rebeca Souza, Sister Souza's daughter, remember me? :) I wanted to see if you could give me ELder Bush's address and your parents' address ASAP. I am sending out invitations for my wedding and have been looking for their addresses but couldnt find it! I would appreciate it :) My address is rebecasouza89@gail.com

thank youuu!
By the way.... YOUR FAMILY IS SO CUTE! YOUR DAUGHTER IS THE CUTEST THING EVER! CONGRATS!

hugs,

beca