I'm a Mormon

In an article I read by the Washington Post (found HERE) last week, it discussed a brief history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints efforts to advertise who we are and what we believe.  It made me realize that on my blog I have a button leading to my very own mormon.org profile (click HERE or on the yellow "I'm a Mormon" button on my sidebar) that I have never explained and now is the perfect time to do so!

Unfortunately, the history of my church is packed with misunderstandings of our people and our beliefs.  Many people have never even heard of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints  ("Mormons") or if they have, they often have heard diluted accounts about our beliefs or incorrect stories about our faith.  The mormon.org site is an effort to correct the negative stereotypes of the LDS church and answer questions.  My profile is a bit outdated as I created it last spring before Daphne was born, but through it you can also access thousands of other profiles of normal people all over the world who just happen to be Mormon as well!  You can find my husband Burke's profile HERE or my sister Chelsea's profile HERE or simply search by country and read numerous accounts of faith in Jesus Christ.

As the Washington Post article detailed, this site has also made a host of wonderful vignettes highlighting members all over the world, showing how they manage to live a faith-based life while juggling jobs, children, hobbies, etc.  You can find one of my favorites videos of a spunky Australian mom HERE or even watch videos on famous Mormons such as Brandon Flowers, the lead singer of the rock band "The Killers" (HERE) or Alex Boye (HERE) who now sings with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

I hope you enjoy seeing a snippet of their lives like I did.  On Sunday mornings, Burke and I often jump on the site to see the latest videos on mormon.org or on the Mormon Messages youtube channel such as THIS wonderful story by our previous prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley or THIS moving account by Elder Jeffery R. Holland of hope during difficult trials.

I realize those are a lot of links and you may not have time to view them all, but if you have just 5 extra minutes, I would love for you to follow THIS link to hear an apostle of God testify of the core of our religion - our faith that Jesus Christ lived and died for us that we may live with him again.  Yes, the video is quite serious as it talks about the most important event that has taken place in the history mankind.  When I watch it, it brings tears to my eyes and lifts my spirit.  I know that it is true and that knowledge is the reason my life has been filled with joy through sunshine and rain.  Jesus Christ is our Savior. God loves us.  A prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, lives and speaks for him today. The Book of Mormon testifies of the life of Jesus Christ and how we can return to him again.  For all these reasons and more, I live life as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - I am a Mormon.  And that has made all the difference in my life.

Comments