Family Photos Part 1


We arrived in Logan late Tuesday night, so excited to be together with family and also for our upcoming photo session with the lovely Stephanie Hyde, a local photographer.  I recently had bid on a blog auction for a session with Stephanie, but had lost to other women, eager for an opportunity to take pictures with her.  To my surprise, Stephanie contacted me after the auction ended and offered to take our pictures for the price I had bid - far below her listed price for family pictures.  I was shocked at her generosity and jumped at the opportunity.


I had it all planned out that we would put Daphne down for a nice long nap, feed her right before leaving to take photos and thus have loads of pictures of our happy little lady.  Unfortunately, 30 minutes into her nap Daphne was rudely awakened by screaming cousins and never went back down, so we showed up at pictures with a cranky baby who hadn't slept for nearly 3 hours.  Uh-oh.  I actually was shocked that despite the lack of sleep and cold weather, she did quite well.  I wish we could have had her at full smiles, but I'm still pleased with how these turned out.







I love that face Daph is pulling!  Stephanie was terrific to work with and even took my suggestion to bark at Daphne to make her smile, even though I'm sure she felt silly! :)  I would definitely recommend her if you are looking for fresh ideas and a great photographer.  Stay tuned for photo session part two at the USU library!

Comments

Mindy said…
She is so wonderful! I had no idea she did that!!!
Erica said…
I love your hair color! I love these pictures.
Anonymous said…
These are adorable! You all look great! Stephanie is so awesome
Chelsea said…
I love the pictures! All three of you are just amazingly attractive! And I love Stephanie!
Whitney said…
The pictures look terrific Em! I love that if you bark at Daphne she will smile. How on earth did you discover that?! Can't wait to see the others.
Steph said…
Emily you are SO SWEET. Thank you for your kind words! I loved meeting your family!
Katie said…
AWESOME! I love those pictures. :)
The Burr's said…
So Cute!! I love how these turned out! How fun to not only be able to go visit family, but to get pictures too... What a fun filled week! You guys were very busy as well:)