Family Photos Part 3

So the photos were going great, until we had Daphne sitting on that chunky Paris book and just as I stood up she toppled forward and bonked her head!  It was so sad and I had to run with her down the hall as she started howling, her cry echoing through the entire library.  I'm sure people were hating our guts as they crammed over the Thanksgiving holiday.  She was smiling with in a minute, but we decided to call it a day at the library.  As we were heading to the parking terrace, however, we decided to give the rest of our photo shoot a try at the Taggart Student Center.  There we found some comfy couches and finished taking photos as we played and read to Daphne. 


Reading is hugely important to me.  My parents, primarily my father, read to me every night as I was growing up.  We snuggled down on the couch each night with Penguin Classics or Newbery Honors, soaking up each story like sponges.  As my older siblings grew up and moved away, Tasha and I continued to read often with my Dad, even when I was a Senior in high school.


I cherish those memories and want my little lady to grow up knowing the joy of well written literature as well.  I've been reading to her since the first days we brought her home from the hospital and plan to do it until she leaves our home.  This picture encapsulates so much of my hopes for her.  Look at that face of awe and wonder as Dr. Seuss tells her exactly the potential she has ahead of her.  So grateful that Stephanie was able to capture this moment for us.


Next we read one of my favorite Christmas stories, "The Legend of the Candy Cane" that helps to remind us about the true meaning of Christmas as well as why the candy cane is a symbol of Christ, his birth, life and death.  Daphen got to taste her first food (other than rice cereal and oatmeal!) and she was pretty excited about the new taste on her tongue.






We finished with Burke reading the best classic Christmas tale of all - "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.  I hope this image is one that will remain for years to come.


Comments

Erica said…
She has such dainty little feet to the clubs Hudson has. Your pictures turned out fantastic! You are one lucky duck to snag such a screaming deal!
LOVE all of these! Such cute ideas:) We have that Dr Suess book too. Ayla loves it. I can't wait to meet Miss Daphne:) I just want to kiss those cheeks when I look at those adorable pics.