52 Dates: #10 - Trip to Logan, Racquetball, and Sealings

We had a wonderful weekend in Logan with family and friends.  We arrived late Thursday night after a loooong car ride with a sick, sad, and crying little baby.  Friday morning the Kirby's drove up from Salt Lake and we played the Wii with the kiddos before heading to the Utah State University to meet Daddy on his lunch break and play a game of racquetball.  Burke has been playing once or twice a week with some friends here in Mesquite and I kept telling him he had to practice up to try and beat my Dad, who is a legendary racquetball player.  Although Burke was able to beat Daddy left handed, as soon as Dad switched to his right hand Burke was toast!  It was fun to watch the two of them and then play a short game with Amy.


(Amira completely fascinated with Daphne's belly button)

When we got home it was so gorgeous outside (short sleeves in Logan in MARCH?! what a miracle!) that we played some rousing games of frisbee, soccer and badminton. Then Tasha was a trooper and watched all the kiddos while we went with my parents and the Kirbys to the temple to do sealings.  I decided to count the racquetball and sealings as our dates for the week as it was all good quality time with spouse and family.




Before the kids went to bed that night, Mom and Dad delighted us by lighting one of those amazing flying lanterns like you see in the movie "Tangled."  It was pretty magical and some cars driving by even stopped in the middle of the road to watch the ascension.  It was all I could do to keep from belting, "And at last I see the LIGHT!"  Tell me I'm not the only one who loves that movie. :)

Comments

Whitney said…
Love the movie, in fact I watched in on Saturday night when I got home from the reception. And then the song was stuck in my head all Sunday. I noticed I was humming it as I walked into Relief Society. :)
Marinda said…
Oh that looks so magical, I would love to try that. Where did they get them?