Six Inches Shorter and Sod

Did I ever mention that I chopped off between 6-7 inches a couple of weeks ago?  Well, I did!  And here is proof!

(Daphne and Emily in the purple room/"man cave" - dying to paint these walls!)

It was a well needed changed and I've been happy with the new look.  

(The lovely sod all rolled up and ready to go, Alan laying the first piece, and Lyndee Jo decked out in her favorite outfit - galoshes and a skirt!)

Saturday was spent in St. George helping the Rowley family lay their new sod!  

(Daphne with Grandma, Lyndee swinging, and Kristen and I enjoying seats a little too small for our bottoms)

Correction: the menfolk did all the manual labor while I had a lovely time catching up with the ladies and playing with da babies.  The Ridings joined us for a BBQ lunch and dinner where Burke and I made PF Chang lettuce wraps inspired by our dinner with the Burrs a while back.  It was a big success and so was the sod laying party.

BEFORE:

DURING:

And....I forgot to take "after" pictures, but believe me, it looks awesome!  Such a nice day with the family.

Comments

The Burr's said…
Your hair looks very cute! Glad the lettuce wraps were a hit:).. they are our favorite! I bet their backyard looked awesome. It looks like a fun place to hang out!