Trip Wrap Up

After all the wedding fun on Saturday, I could feel myself coming down with something and sure enough by Sunday morning I had the stomach flu.  We stayed in Logan long enough for me to yack and to see our lovely sister-in-law Ellen for a few minutes and then headed out for probably my most miserable car trip to date.  Thankfully, we broke up the drive with a couple of stops.  

The first was at our dear friends, Ben and Hayley (I think I spell her name wrong every time - forgive me Hailey/Haylee) Johnson's to see their sweet new baby Peyton Andrew.  They were so gracious to let us come, what with me being sick and throwing up in their bathroom during the visit (so classy) and all.  When we saw Peyton I couldn't believe how small he was and when I learned he was still under 7 lbs, I realized it was because Daphne started out at 8 lbs, so we never really got to experience the itty bitty baby stage like this handsome little man.  It was so fun to catch up with them and I only wish we could see them more often.  Hopefully they will move back to St. George some day!

Our next stop was in Parowan where I was completely anti-social and moaned and groaned in a bedroom while Burke and Daphne enjoyed a typical Sunday dinner feast and visits from the Aunties and Uncles in town.  Even though I felt so crummy, I couldn't help but be tickled pink when our sweet niece Sadie handed me this little note on the way out the door written on a Kleenex.


If you can't make it out it reads:

Hey Em., I know it does not feel good.  
But I hope it's out of here soon.
Love, Sadi
P.S. I love you a lot.  I hope you love me.

As we got into the car she came to the door and shouted, "Write me back, ok?"  What a doll.


It was such a relief when we finally pulled into Mesquite and we could put Daphne and I both to bed at last.  I also have to give Burke credit for being so sweet and taking such good care of me when I'm sick.  And I also have to say how grateful I am that I have had such terrific health since Daphne was born.  This is the first time I have been out-of-commission-sick since she made her debut and I am very thankful for a strong body while needing to take care of another little human's needs.  

Comments