Weekend Send Off

I feel like I've been through the mental/emotional wringer the last few days and I decided today I have got to SNAP out of it.  It won't be too hard to do as the house needs to be cleaned for our guests this weekend - Mike (Burke's big brother), LeeAnn and the girls!  Super excited.


As a couple of happy notes to send you off for the weekend, I would highly recommend "Hugo" if you have no plans and want a great film to rent from Redbox.  We watched it a couple of weeks ago and, truthfully, I almost turned it off after the first 15 minutes because I wasn't in the mood for an artsy film that night, but it turned out to be one of the sweetest movies I have seen in a long while.  I loved the concept that we are all here for a purpose in the great machine that is life as a clock maker knows there are never any extra pieces.  I also loved the idea that every broken thing - even a person - can be fixed.  The fact that it takes place in Paris sealed my connection to the film as we have strolled through so many of those beautiful sites and feel "at home" when we watch films that take place there.  I think there will always be a little obsession for The City of Love in my heart after the few months we spent there.

Daphne in pre-swimming sweats with her tutu swimsuit sticking through

Also - this pumpkin finally had her 9 month checkup yesterday (Burke got to come for the first time too!) and was only 15% for weight, 40 % for height and 80% for head.  Don't be deceived by those cheeks - she is actually quite petite!  Happy weekend!

Comments