Boo-hoo

No progress this week.  Boo-hoo.  I thought FOR SURE I would be dilated to at least a two after all the stretching and contracting I've been experiencing.  The only thing that has progressed are my nasty stretch marks that itch itch itch all day long!  Doc basically put the kibosh on my plan to drive up to my big brother's wedding next week.  Although he thinks I will go to my due date, with the progress I have already made and the fact that I'm measuring a week big he doesn't want me leaving town.  Another huge boo-hoo.  So so sorry Gabe and Ellen.  I kept hoping she would get here so we could make it, but I guess we will just have to share in the moment with lots of pictures and stories after, ok?  I can't write about this anymore or I will cry. *Sniffle*  Too late!

Moving on.  Had a great weekend full of dinners.  Friday with our cute new friends in the ward, the Burrs.  Kade and Burke are both small town boys and so alike.  Brandalee is two weeks behind me, pregnant with baby #2, but looks like she in only 5 months along.  *Jealous.*  I adore her!  Saturday was a surprise visit and dinner with Ben and Hailey Johnson who were down from Salt Lake for the weekend.  We talked FOREVER back at our place and every time they said they were leaving I was happy that we could stall them with another story that would keep them chatting for another 20 minutes.  Loved it and miss them.  Sunday we finally had our neighbors, Nancy and Erik, over for our classic Salmon Newberg dish. Yum. She is from Honduras and has taught herself English.  I assumed that he spoke Spanish and that's how they got together, but nope, they communicate solely through her broken English.  They have a darling little boy that reminds me of my host brother from Mexico and her parenting reminded me even more of my awesome host mom getting exasperated with little David who basically got away with everything under the sun.  Monday (technically not part of the weekend, but still part of our dinner streak) we pitched in on homemade Cafe Rio pork burritos and had FHE with the Adams crew in honor of Kristen who is moving to Montana for the summer to work and then will return to SUU in the fall rather than Dixie.  We will miss her around these here parts.

Yep, that's about it folks.  Cassie is coming over with the kids so we can make name cards for the Gabellen wedding dinner.  It rained last night and our tiny garden is looking so good with the dark soil and green buds thrusting up.  I'm making good progress with my online classes.  Elijah and Marinda move state side this week.  Chels and Dixon arrive next week.  So exciting!  Life is good...just wish this kid would get here!

Comments

Katie said…
Same situation happened to me, I was so disappointed that I had made no progress after lots of pain! Hang in there!