Shower for Baby Adams


I need to express a huge "thank you" to my sister, Cassie Jo, and sister-in-laws, Danelle and Catherine, for hosting the most beautiful baby shower for me this past Saturday.  The decor was darling, the food was scrumptious and often too pretty to eat, the company was fantastic and the gifts were all very much appreciated!


I must admit, I always feel silly when I am the person a party is being thrown for, but I felt very grateful that so many people would come and support or send gifts if they couldn't make it.  I seriously did not have anything for this sweet baby a few months ago and I still haven't had to buy much yet because family members and friends have been so incredibly generous.  Some of my favorite gifts from the day was the awesome jogging stroller from all the Bush girls (thank you! thank you!), a hand-made quilt from Danelle that matches my nursery perfectly and a gorgeous hand-made blessing dress from Burke's Aunt Anne.  At first, I was a little surprised about the dress as I wasn't expecting it, but now I can't believe that we have such a gorgeous heirloom to bless our daughter in.  There were many other thoughtful and amazing gifts and it looks like the only big things Burke and I will need to purchase now is our crib and a rocking chair.  We feel so blessed.


Thank you again ladies for your time, talents, efforts, and gifts on behalf of my little one.  We are so grateful!  And we too look forward to seeing which of her parents she will take after in a matter of weeks!


P.S. Shout out to Kevin who helped make the cupcakes and hid his famous "mullet man" in the middle of all the pretty baby cupcakes! Ha!

Comments

Liv Blair said…
Not gonna lie I looked at the cupcakes and thought "What cute cupcakes! .... Wait.... what is that?!" haha I decided it was the man in the moon
Anonymous said…
I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! What a cute shower, and I am so excited for you guys!