Neighbors Part Two

How weird is it that I just mentioned our neighbors on here and then we had an "incident" with them that same day?!  So last night after putting up our crib (yeah! nursery pictures soon to come), we crashed into bed around 11:00.  Just as we were drifting off I heard a blood curdling scream from next door that made me sit straight up in bed.  The scream was followed by lots of yelling, screaming and thumps that sounded an awful lot like someone getting knocked around.  After about 30 seconds of listening to this, I freaked out and insisted that we had to do something.  Not wanting to go over and get involved in a potentially dangerous situation, Burke said to call the police, so I did!  They sent some officers over to investigate the domestic dispute going on next door.  Things quieted down once the cops showed up and you would have laughed at Burke and I hovering by our front door, totally trying to eavesdrop without success!

When we finally went back to bed I couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened.  I was wide awake feeling so sad for our neighbors and anyone else who has experienced violence of that kind.  I've never been exposed to that before and it really unsettled me.  Then of course I started freaking myself out, wondering if our neighbors would be bitter at us for calling the cops.  I thought I would be nervous all day today, but I haven't heard anything accept the usual early morning chanting.  It made me that much more determined to always have a spirit of peace and love in our home and make sure our little lady is never exposed to anything like that.  Uncontrolled anger is a scary thing.

Comments