An Itchy Belly, a Pending Wedding and a Finished Nursery

Last night I woke up five or six times due to the extreme itchiness of my belly.  I went to my 39 week apt this morning (with a new doctor since my doc is on a European vacation) and mentioned how uncomfortable I've been this past week with the rash on my belly and when I lifted my shirt the doctor gave a small gasp and said, "Oh no dear, you've got a bad case of PUPS."  You mean I'm giving birth to little doggies instead of a baby?!  No, apparently PUPS is an awful pregnancy induced rash from your skin stretching to its limits that really has no cure except by having the baby.  The good news is this means I can be induced THIS Saturday!!!  The bad news is, now I have to decide whether or not TO be induced this Saturday.  Ugh.  I feel so torn, because on the one hand I am SO ready to have her out and to get rid of this horrible rash, but on the other hand being induced a week early increases my chance of a C-section dramatically.  I don't know what to do!  Lots of prayers and a long discussion with Burke is going to happen as soon as he gets home.

Week 38 - Big, Blonde and Beautiful!
I dyed my hair blonde on Friday to feel in control of at least one physical thing in my life.


One thing I can control is my nursery, which is mostly done!  What do you think?


From the hallway looking in


We'll do her name in cursive, black vinyl in between the bird flying and the cage






Obviously there will be baby pictures/fam pics in the frames one she makes her debut and I also plan on doing scrawling, cursive font in vinyl above the crib with her name one we have decided which fits her best (be sure to vote for your favorite on the top of the page!).  I am happy with the pleasant baby haven we have created and look forward to adding the finishing touch in a matter of days...baby Adams herself!

Meanwhile, my big brother gets married tomorrow.  The reception is tonight and I am pouting knowing that I am missing it and being with the whole family.  I want to see the beautiful bride and groom making covenants and soak in the lovely aura of family, friends celebrating the joy of an eternal marriage.  What are my chances of getting Burke to drive up tonight, go to the sealing tomorrow and coming back home after the luncheon?!  Hmmm...my odds don't look too good.

Comments

Mindy said…
You look great. It looks like you have shoved a small basketball up your shirt. And what color was your hair before??? It looks great. The room looks fantastic. I cannot believe nothing stops the itchiness. Bless your heart and your patience. I would say, "Bring on being induced!" But I figure you and your hubby can figure out what is best. :) GOOD LUCK!
Anonymous said…
You look beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Hoping to get the package out this week!! :) - I know it's sooo late! xoxoxoxox!!!
Nicki said…
Your nursery looks so adorable! I am sure it will be even more adorable with your baby in it in a few days:) I am sorry you are so itchy,good luck!
Whitney said…
Em--LOVE the nursery and your blonde hair! It reminds me when we went and got our hair done together senior year!

As for the PUPS:
If you're uncomfortable and it's safe for bebe Adams to make her debut (for both you and her), June 4th is an excellent birtday.

If it makes you and Burke uneasy to have her induced, June 9th is a great day too! :)

You'll know what to do!
Erica said…
I love your nursery!! So gorgeous. I know you will do what you feel is best but I would NOT get induced. You may end up getting induced later on even but even with my little guy coming on his own and having to have a c-section was miserable. I wouldn't go through the long labor an induction would bring. Thats my two cents. Good luck! Hope to see pictures of that little darling soon.
Chelsea said…
Em! Your nursery is adorable and puts mine to shame. It doesn't really exist yet, because Andy sleeps upstairs with us. You have given me a stronger desire to get it started! Good luck this next little while! Can't wait to see photos of all three of you!
(a very late) Congratulations on the baby on the way!
Cute nursery!
Bobbie said…
you did such a great job putting that adorable room together!!!!!!! i LOVE IT!