Progress!

At my appointment this morning I was dilated to a "loose" one (meaning I'm getting close to a two!) and 70% effaced!  He felt her little head and said she's in prime position for birthing!  WAHOO!

Here's the plan - everyone start praying really hard that she'll make an early appearance and I will start walking everywhere and maybe throw a few jumping jacks in there.  If we all work together this little lady just might make her debut within the next couple of weeks which would allow us the opportunity to go to my big brother's wedding on June 1st and the family reunion mid June!!!  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but at the same time, how can I possibly not?!

In other news, on Saturday we went to our first live sealing at the St. George temple since our own wedding nearly two years ago.  Burke's cousin Heather looked beautiful and it was so special to be there with everyone.  I wasn't feeling too hot going into the sealing and Burke whispered to me before we started, "Now, don't go stealing the show by going into labor!"  Made me smile.  The reception in Parowan was lovely and I'm so mad I didn't take pictures of her incredible backdrop behind the line.  Heather and Corbin made a couple hundred origami cranes in their colors of pale yellow and gray and had them hanging in strings behind them.  It was darling!

Now, I'm just taking a brief break from my brother Elijah's PhD Bibliography that he is turning in TOMORROW.  It is taking me FOR-EV-ER, but I am so happy to be able to help him out and get these kids home after 3 years in Germany.  So excited for you to be an official "Doctor" Lij!  Judging by your extensive bibliography, you have done some incredible research over the past three years.

Comments

Liv Blair said…
YAY! I will pray pray pray for her to hurry out! :)
Whitney said…
I will only pray that she comes when she is ready to come, BUT I will also pray that you are comfortable and calm, until/whenever Little Bush/Adams baby makes her debut. :)

What did Elijah get his PhD in? I didn't realize that was why he was in Germany--I thought it was to work for the government? Or something? Am I making that up? Probably, my brain is pretty fried these days.

Oh-and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhappy and grateful that Papa Bush is thisclose to the R-word! God is good!
Whitney said…
Umm...rude Blogger.

Don't you go cutting off my huge long "sooooo," in my rejoicing of someone's health.

I'm not liking you very much these days Blogger...

Well, it said that I was soo happy and grateful, which I'm sure you figured out. :)